Depending on your label needs, labels printed on our state-of-the-art digital printing equipment may be the best option for your product. A member of our sales and service team can guide you to the best printing option – Digital labels versus Flexographic labels – once we understand your specifications, quantity, turn-time, and other requirements.
In general, Digital printing is the best option for smaller print runs, or if you have labels with several variations, for example, different types of hot sauce or a different cosmetic formula.
While many label printing companies outsource much of their work, Columbine Label owns state-of-the-art equipment to print in-house, which enables us to control the process. This means we deliver consistent quality and consistent color matching while meeting production schedules.
HERE’S A QUICK LOOK AT THE BENEFITS OF DIGITAL PRINTING:
- Digital printing is more economical for smaller print runs or jobs with multiple versions because digital presses require minimal job setup and no plates.
- Digital printing produces high-quality graphics with vibrant colors.
- You get consistent color matching – color consistency is retained from run to run.
- Both 4-color (4CP) and 6-color (6CP) processes are available. Unlike some other digital label printing companies, we are able to print white.
- Lead time is shorter for digital labels (typically 3-5 business days).
- Digital printing can be done on a wider variety of stock including textured material (this creates a particularly nice label for wine, bath and body products, and gourmet food items).
- Variable data, including consecutive numbers and personalization, can be included on digital labels.
- It’s easy to make changes from run to run without incurring additional costs.
- Digital printing makes just-in-time delivery possible.
- Digital labels offer print-to-print registration with +/- 0 tolerance.
- High resolution is retained, so smaller text is crisp, clear, and legible.